Accounts Assistant (Part-time)
Accounts Assistant required for a permanent opportunity working on a part-time basis (20 hours per week) for an SME business based in Stone, Staffordshire. Working closely with the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day bookkeeping functions including credit control, sales ledger, purchase ledger, banking, staff expenses, processing payments and month end reporting.
Other duties to include but not limited to;
- Responding to customer queries, effectively and efficiently
- Investigation and analysis of postings and journal entry
- P&L and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with the company vehicles and related matters
- Assisting with the annual audit
- Data entry, cross checking and filing
- Develop and maintain good financial control environment by helping to implement and develop financial processes and systems – ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered to across the company
- Analyse, reconcile and evaluate data to produce reports as required
- Carry out any other related tasks as requested or delegated by management
The ideal candidate will be AAT Qualified or part-qualified with experience working in a similar role with specific focus on bookkeeping and credit control. Excellent IT and Excel skills are essential for this role as well as at least a grade B in English and Maths GCSE. You must be well organised and able to queries effectively and in a professional timely manner. Exposure to SAP would also be an advantage.
The company offers a good working environment and onsite parking, as well as being accessible by public transport. This is a part time role working Monday – Friday 09:30 – 14:00 with half an hour lunch (20 hours) although these hours are flexible. Therefore this is the perfect role for a person needing to work around school drop offs and pick ups.
|Job Time||Full Time|
|Job Level||Clerical & Transactional|
|Level||Clerical & Transactional|