Assistant Management Accountant
Alexander Daniels are working with a lovely medium size business in Leamington who are actively seeking a Management Accountant.
To provide analysis and support for the financial and management reporting of the specified Business Unit. To own the period end process, including the preparation and control of balance sheet reconciliations.
Being a central point of contact across the unit, producing ad-hoc analysis when required and liaising with the business areas to ensure consistency.
What I need to do
- Completing the period end process, ownership of accounts for the business unit, collating accruals/provisions, and the reconciliation of trading balance sheet accounts.
- Ownership of the allocation of miscellaneous margin costs for the business unit and the Online business, providing explanations of variances and costs to trading teams. Assist in the budgeting and forecasting of all margin costs.
- Production and preparation of trading reports, including weekly sales and profit reports and periodic commercial review packs.
- Responsible for the management and control of the central costs for the business unit. Offering support and analysis to cost centre owners when needed, liaising with HR to ensure headcount is closely monitored and assisting with the budgeting and forecasting process. Hold cost centre review meetings when required and building relationships with all cost centre owners.
- Central point of contact for ad hoc analysis & projects – providing a consistent view across the business unit & liaising with the different business areas as required. Deputise for the Senior Finance Analysts where required.
- Challenge current processes and look for continual ways to improve efficiencies and control.
How I will succeed
- Demonstrate finance analytical skills
- Able to produce financial information in a user friendly manner
- Ability to deal, reconcile and analyse large volumes of data and simplifying the processes involved
- Able to work to tight deadlines, whilst ensuring accuracy
- Living the company goals & values
What I need to know
- Core understanding of accounting and reconciliation requirements
- Basic understanding of commercials, profitability & margin analysis.
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Studying for / have an accountancy qualification
- Experience in a retail business desirable but not essential
|Job Time||Full Time|
|Job Level||Clerical & Transactional|
|Level||Clerical & Transactional|