Business Analyst (HR, Payroll & Finance systems)
Business Analyst required for a group of businesses based in central Birmingham to support business case, design, development and application support for HR, finance and payroll systems across the group. As the Business Analyst, you will be working alongside an experienced team of other BAs, Project Managers, Developers and Application Support Clerks, to prepare a business case for 2020 and beyond regarding finance, payroll and HR systems.
There are plenty of projects to be working on at current, though the large focus will be on integrating and developing a number of systems that link the businesses within the group. Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the gathering of functional and non-functional requirements for system changes / upgrades for Finance working with the Solution Architect in the production of solution designs and functional specs
- Responsible for communicating complex technical issues and risks to non-technical people, requiring the ability to translate technical impacts into a language understood by business areas and to ensure that the communication has been successful
- Responsible for planning meeting agendas and material for a wide range of stakeholders, with differing expectations. Detailed planning is required to maximise attendance whilst minimising burden on stakeholders
- Perform basic consulting activities such as information gathering through regular meetings with business process owners, data analysis, problem and defect resolution, test support, assisting with cutover preparation, go-live support, warranty period cover and presentations as required
- Responsible for ensuring that the requirements and associated documentation and other artefacts are approved prior to submission for review by Finance Systems
- Create timely impact assessments relating to requests or proposed changes, by analysing current and proposed processes and capability to assess action required
- Responsible for the timely resolution of defects / incidents requiring development time in order to resolve HR systems issues, as and when required
- Analyses and evaluates HR system processes and user needs; provides initial analysis on HR system enhancements where appropriate
- Present complex data in various forms to suit the audience, using graphical and other techniques to large groups to portray the required information, offering supporting narrative as necessary
- Provides day-to-day direction for HR systems business processes; ability to accomplish deliverables involving complex and highly analytical tasks
You will be an experienced Business Analyst with experience in systems design and integration, predominantly around various HR, finance and payroll systems (you do not need any experience with specific systems, as the ones in question for this group are somewhat niche). You should have extensive experience delivering business analysis needs in a complex programme environment.
The right candidate will also be a practitioner of PRINCE2 / Agile, and any other methodologies also would be advantageous.
|Job Time||Full Time|