Commercial Accountant – Wolverhampton – £50k to £55k + benefits – Hybrid Position
Alexander Daniels have been engaged by a market leading organisation in Wolverhampton to help recruit an experienced Commercial Accountant.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a hugely successful, stable and cash rich Service based business. Due to continued growth this business require an experienced Commercial Accountant to join the team to business partner with both internal and external stakeholders and produce monthly and quarterly performance reports, prepare annual budgets and re-forecasts as well as make recommendations to drive profitability and increase revenue streams. This is a highly commercial, business facing role that will suit someone looking to step away from inputting and test their business partnering skills.
The Commercial Accountant will provide effective stewardship of all aspects of accounting for the business unit, making recommendations in respect of risk, unit performance and cost management, to drive continuous improvement and business unit value.
The successful Commercial Accountant duties will include:
- Provide key performance indicators aligned to key/critical success factors to ensure a proper monitoring of strategic objectives in a timely and accurate manner, in a form that is easily understood by all recipients.
- Provide insight into business unit performance. I.e. Income trends and cost centre profitability, to include added value commentary, with non-financial KPI’s.
- Identify areas for profit improvement, and cost control within the business unit
- Review and challenge period management accounts, balance sheet, cash flow etc. to ensure they are appropriate to the business unit.
- Ensure all accounting controls are relevant, accurate and timely.
- Responsibility for management accounting for relevant business unit, insuring timely and accurate reporting
- Support the business in financial forecasting and planning and provide financial advice where possible/required to support the business in its decision making.
- Help and support the finance function across the organisation, including collaboration across Business Units and support of key forums.
- Support innovation in driving cost efficiencies, ease of doing business, growing profitable sales, consumer relevance and employee engagement.
- Support and evaluate the development and implementation of new systems utilising in house and external resources.
The Commercial Accountant will have the following knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Professional accountancy qualification.
- An affinity with numbers and an ability to interpret them for others, together with an in depth understanding of the business unit.
- Staff management experience
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to delegate effectively.
- Experience of overseeing management accounts, including reviewing and interpreting MI.
- Ability to challenge effectively, as well as maintaining strong relationships with business colleagues and external customers
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills including ability to create focused reporting for all levels of colleagues.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to build a strong skilled and motivated team.
- Highly motivated, independent, and determined with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Able to keep pace with a fast-moving business and interpret implications of technical changes.
- Demonstrate and promote a culture of continuous improvement using the PMI process improvement methodology.
Salary and benefits on offer for the successful Commercial Accountant are:
- Salary £50k to £55k (dependant on experience)
- Hybrid Working
- 26 days holidays + bank holidays
- Private medical cover
If you would like to apply for this position or would like more information about this fantastic business, call Nick Singh on 07973 757974 or email your CV to Nick.Singh@alexanderdaniels.co.uk
|Job Time||Full Time|