Financial Controller required for a high-growth construction SME looking to assign a new financial lead to support the CEO with their continued growth plans.
The company operates in the construction sector, and has doubled its turnover in the past 18 months to over £50m revenue currently. This has led to a need to recruit numerous people across operations and commercial teams, and we are now looking to appoint an experienced Head of Finance / Financial Controller. The company is privately owned and will be moving into brand new purpose-built head offices within the next two years.
As the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the day-to-day finances of the company with the assistance of a small accounts team, as well as reporting to Directors and the Senior Leadership Team
- Preparation of monthly profit and loss accounts and balance sheets, including balance sheet movement analysis
- Preparation of management accounts and board packs
- Production of weekly KPI reports and distribution of information to operations
- Preparation and monitoring of budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Cash flow analysis and reforecasting, in conjunction with operations and commercial teams
- Line management of the finance team, and recruiting new heads as the company grows
- Creation of new financial reporting tools to provide more insight into the business’ financial performance
- Business partnering with the department heads and owner/CEO
- Financial projects as required to support the business’ continued growth
The ideal candidate will be qualified (ACA, ACCA or ACMA) with experience in the construction or subcontracting industry. You’ll need to be proactive to improve processes and introduce new reporting tools, and a strong team manager able to manage, develop and recruit into the team.
|Job Time||Full Time|