Alexander Daniels are looking to recruit an experienced Financial Controller for a large service business based in Cheltenham.
This is a progressive and challenging role where the successful candidate will be involved with improving processes, developing and mentoring a team and also have the scope to be involved with projects.
The ideal candidate will be ACA qualified with a strong technical understanding and background including up to date knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
As the Financial Controller you will take full accountability for the numbers as well as get involved with various ad hoc projects.
Main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Full understanding of company profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow
- Deliver smooth month-end closing & consolidation process
- Maintain robust internal control environment
- Conduct balance sheet reviews – ledger & reconciliation review / validation and provision review
- The delivery of management and statutory reporting, including analysis and supporting information
- Supporting the FD and Commercial team with the co-ordination of the annual budgeting, monthly forecasting and strategic planning processes
- Liaising with external Advisors in relation to audit, taxation and other areas
- Managing and coaching the team to ensure all deadlines are met, accounts and reports are accurate and statutory obligations adhered to
- Working with the Group on all statutory reporting requirements
- Process improvement projects
|Job Time||Full Time|