Alexander Daniels have been engaged by a leading technology/ manufacturing business based in Nottingham to help them recruit an highly experienced Financial Controller. The Financial Controller must have experience of implementing new procedures and procedures along with a transformation background. Our client is very ambitious and continue you to grow year on year, organically and through acquisitions. This truly is a fantastic time to join this business and take your career to the next level.
Salary on offer will be dependant on experience and range from £70,000 to £80,000 (negotiable) + car allowance + pension + holidays + potential bonus
The Financial Controllers role will form part of the senior management team and you will be required to manage the businesses financial performance and oversee accounting operations to ensure the production of timely, accurate and relevant financial information. The Financial Controller will monitor, evaluate and manage financial risks, and ensure compliance with relevant regulations whilst developing plans for financial growth in accordance with the 3 year business plan.
Financial Controllers duties will include:
- Leadership of the day to day financial operations of the group with full functional responsibility for financial and management accounts preparation, treasury, payroll, tax and associated compliance.
- Preparation of monthly, annual and periodic reports and accounts for presentation to stakeholders and the leadership team.
- Preparation of annual budgets and regular ongoing re-forecasting activity.
- Management of treasury activities including rolling cashflow forecasts, foreign currency hedging and long-term treasury deposits.
- Business partnering to develop relevant, timely and accurate management information and reporting against budget and forecast.
- Monitoring and analysis of revenue, margins, stock, standard costing and expenditure.
- Development of systems for management and reporting on rental fleet performance
- Management and compliance of payroll and associated employee benefits and expenses including stakeholder pension schemes.
- Identification and management of opportunities for grants and incentives available to support business growth plans
- Management of relationships with auditors and tax advisors.
- Management and coordination of business insurances ensuring appropriate cover levels & risk levels.
- Monitoring internal controls, overseeing audit processes and ensuring compliance.
- Development of and the continual review of the business ERP system, co-ordinating requirements closely with IT colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Management and development of the Finance Team, ensuring availability of suitable qualified and skilled personnel to meet the needs of the business.
- Development of annual and three-year financial plans, budgets and KPI’s for the business.
- Monthly reporting to the Leadership Team on performance against plans and budgets
- Timely delivery of accurate financial MI required to support decision making activities across the Leadership and Management Team
- Accurate and timely submission of all global tax and related compliance requirements including VAT, Intrastat, Employment Taxes, Corporate Taxes including R&D Tax, stakeholder pension compliance.
The Financial Controller will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a previous fast paced finance environment
- ACA or CIMA or ACCA qualified, or equivalent
- Ability to build a strong finance team, manage people, set priorities and give clear direction
- Ability to drive continues improvement
- Change management experience
- Transformation experience
- Turnaround experience
- Demonstrate proficiency in transactional activities
- Competent IT Skills – Excellent Skills with Microsoft Office
- Previous experience with ERP implementation
- Experience in all aspect of the payroll process
- Strong stock experience and ability to analyse stock variances
- Able to work to strict deadlines
- Self-motivated with drive and enthusiasm
- High energy and a can-do attitude
- Results driven with demonstrable experience in working to tight deadlines, and building relationships
If you are looking for a new challenge and would like to know more about this fantastic opportunity, get in touch with Nick Singh on 07973 757974 or email firstname.lastname@example.org 7
|Job Time||Full Time|