Interim Audit Manager
Interim Audit Manager required to join a market leading Financial Services business on a 6 month assignment, role can be London or Telford based.
The Interim Audit Manager will be reporting into the Head of Regulatory & Reporting and will be the liaison between the business and external auditors and to manage the financial statements audit process from end-to-end across the business to ensure it is efficient and effective.
The key aspects of the Audit Managers role are:
- Audit Planning and Plan Execution
- Managing Audit Requirements
- Audit Point of Contact
- Audit Chaperone
- Audit Finalisation
- Risk Management and Conduct Risk
- To work with Senior Management, internal assurance functions and external auditors to develop an agreed plan for all external audit activity that aligns with the Group’s timetable for publication of financial statements
- To ensure that specific external audit engagement plans are reasonable and achievable
- To coordinate and triage external audit requests and provide central oversight of audit responses
- To provide a central point of contact and escalation for both auditee and the external auditor to ensure prompt resolution of all issues affecting the audit of the financial statements
- To review proposed responses and artefacts prepared within ReAssure before submission to external auditors to ensure they are fit for purpose and satisfy the external auditor’s requirements
- To manage the external audit closure process to ensure that audit ratings and management letters are accurate and proportionate, agreed by the appropriate SMEs/stakeholders, and management responses are completed where required.
- To publish regular reports on progress of the financial statements audit; providing early awareness of any potential findings to senior stakeholders and the management team.
The successful Audit Manager will be:
- Professional qualifications in either Accounting or Actuarial sciences (preferred) e.g. ACCA, CIA, ACA, IFoA or other relevant professional designation.
- At least 4 years of post-qualification work experience in audit or other relevant experience
- Working knowledge of actuarial and accounting processes (preferred)
- Strong and flexible influencing skills required for engagement with management and staff at all levels, corporate clients and outsourcers.
- Ability to work collaboratively internally and externally to develop plans and practices, which make it easy and satisfying for auditors to deal with us.
- Capable of managing own work load, whilst working as a team in a professional, cooperative and mutually supportive manner.
- Ability to analyse technical information and understand complex matters quickly.
- Ability to manage a ‘virtual’ team and lead them to deliver to plan.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral; able to articulate technical/complex and business concepts in a straightforward and unambiguous manner and produce and present reporting to senior stakeholder level.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, decision-making, planning and problem solving in high pressure situations.
- Professional risk management, audit or other relevant qualification which provides knowledge of audit or business process review techniques,
- Understanding of the Regulatory capital regimes applicable to, or adopted by, the business (Solvency II, Economic Capital) (preferred)
- Understanding of the Regulatory and accounting regimes for Funds and books of business (PRA, IFRS and IFRS 17) (preferred)
- Knowledge of actuarial and accounting processes (preferred)
If you have the relevant skills, experience and background that my client is looking for and available at short notice, then contact Nick Singh on 07837 762322 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
|Job Time||Full Time|