Interim Business Assurance Manager
Interim Business Acceptance Manager
An experienced Interim Business Acceptance Manager is required for an immediate start by a market leading financial services organisation which is currently going through a huge change programme. The position will require travel between London, Hitchin, Telford.
This role provides leadership in ensuring the Finance Change deliverables / capabilities are handed over to the business in a controlled and orderly manner. Business Acceptance ensures that Finance Change deliverables / capabilities do not increase the risk of the operational teams. The role will report into the Head of Strategic Finance Change, and works closely alongside the Programme Management Lead to co-ordinate the acceptance and release of deliverables to the business. The Business Acceptance Manager will be required to ensure all Finance Change initiatives followed the approved “route to live”. This includes activities such as user acceptance testing, systems integrations testing, release management, build validation, and business acceptance criteria. The Business Acceptance Manager will chair the regular Finance Change Business Acceptance Committee meeting.
Interim Business Acceptance Managers key responsibilities will include:
- Ensures consistent business acceptance approach across Finance change by keeping all change initiatives within business acceptance processes and controls. Ensures excellent quality progress updates are obtained throughout the acceptance process, ensuring all business stakeholders are kept up to date and well informed. As part of the role they will manage the Business Acceptance team, which includes a range of testing specialists and business analysts.
- Accountable for the expenditure, efficiency challenge and overall out turn costs of the Business Acceptance team, including authorisation as per Governance. Contributes to continuous improvement and utilises the skills and knowledge of the team members, providing support through focus and energy.
- Establishes and runs the Business Acceptance Committee. This committee is the formal governance body where the business will review the suitability of the deliverables and decide whether or not they will accept them into the business.
- Establishes and maintains the system release plan for all finance systems, working with the Head of [Data, Finance & Actuarial Systems] to ensure technology releases are managed in a controlled manner with appropriate governance.
- Establishes and maintains the business acceptance framework and underlying processes and controls.
- Establishes and maintains Business Acceptance reporting into the Finance Change Steering Board.
- Owns the Finance Change User Acceptance Testing annual plan and resource demand tool.
- Works with business stakeholders to establish confidence in the deliverables due into them. Addresses any concerns they may have ahead of any formal decision.
- Articulates the benefits of and embeds change management methodologies; collaborates with other change specialists across ReAssure to help continuously improve ways of working in implementing change.
Interim Business Assurance Manager must be and have the following skills and experience:
- Thorough understanding of business and project delivery and reporting methodologies.
- An understanding of the Strategic/business plan.
- Commercial awareness of the marketplace.
- Knowledge of Reassure systems e.g. OTL, Anaplan.
- 10 plus years in a senior delivery management role within the LA&P industry.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of managing Finance change in a commercial environment.
- Experience in delivering Financial Reporting Working Day Timetable projects.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Prince 2 Practitioner, APM or equivalent accredited qualification or studying towards the qualification.
- ITIL Foundation.
- Critical and analytical thinking, and problem solving.
- Ability to work at pace in an ambiguous, high growth environment, staying calm and resilient under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Demonstrable excellent inter-personal, communication, presentation, planning and organisational skills.
- Delegation, influence & networking skills.
- Conflict management.
- Strong and flexible influencing skills required for engagement with all types of stakeholder.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
If you are an experienced Interim Business Assurance Manager and looking for your next project, get in touch with Nick Singh for a confidential chat on 07837 762322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Time||Full Time|