Internal Audit Manager
Alexander Daniels have been engaged by a leading regulated business in Walsall to help them recruit an experienced Internal Audit Manager. This truly is an employer of choice and have a fantastic culture with excellent modern offices but also offer hybrid working to all employees.
Reporting to the Head of Audit, the Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for the timely execution of a variety of risk-based audits to provide independent and objective assurance on the adequacy, effectiveness and robustness of the company’s control environment as well as manage one member of staff. The Internal Audit Manager will be required to undertake all parts of the audit process from planning, scoping, testing, producing professionally written audit reports that are clear, accurate and contain appropriate recommendations, performing follow ups, supporting in the delivery of the annual Internal Audit Plan and undertaking additional activities which may include ad hoc / advisory work.
The Internal Audit Managers key duties, tasks and responsibilities will include:
- To support in the delivery of the Annual Internal Audit Plan.
- To deliver high quality and professional audits and reports within the agreed timescale.
- To add value to the company by identifying current / potential risks and control weakness, along with pragmatic and practical recommendations.
- Build positive relationships across the business and with key stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of key developments in Internal Auditing and the business activities and implement initiatives as required.
- Perform audits from the Annual Internal Audit Plan in accordance with the agreed audit methodology and working papers at all times.
- Ensure that all audits and associated reports are completed in the agreed timescale.
- Ensure the audit file and all working papers are completed and support the audit findings and opinion reported.
- Determine and agree the objectives and scope of the audit with the Head of Audit, resulting in the drafting of a Terms of Reference and agreeing this with the Business Manager and Audit Sponsor.
- Conduct risk assessments for audits, reviewing and assessing the suitability of the internal control design and identifying key risks and controls.
- Liaise with stakeholders at all stages of the audit process, raising observations on a “no surprises” basis and ensuring that any potential contentious issues are promptly identified and discussed.
- Agree audit findings with the Head of Audit, lead audit closing meetings to discuss the audit findings and agree an appropriate management action to mitigate the risks identified with a realistic and achievable implementation date.
- Ensure that audit recommendations are commercially sound, pragmatic, practical and achievable.
- Produce timely and accurate audit reports which presents the findings of the work in a concise, well-structured and professional manner that clearly communicates the issue, root cause, risk and recommendation.
- Perform follow up work on agreed management actions and report on areas of noncompliance.
- Undertake ad-hoc and advisory work as and when required.
- Promote the profile of the Internal Audit department through the sharing of best practice and building effective working relationships with stakeholders across the business.
- Respond to queries or questions raised by the business in a timely and professional manner.
- Identify and make recommendation on areas for continuous improvement both in the Internal Audit department and across the wider business.
Internal Audit Manager will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Qualified Internal Auditor (PIIA / CMIIA) or Accountant (ACA or ACCA)
- Minimum of 5 years Internal Audit experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
- Strong analytical, investigative and problem-solving abilities with a challenging and inquisitive mindset.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Professional and credible presentation skills.
- Commercially aware.
- Highly organised and able to work within pre-agreed deadlines for audit delivery.
- Ability to maintain integrity and professionalism when working with the business and remain composed when challenged.
- Ability to challenge and influence others.
- Strong understanding of risk management and internal control.
- Ability to develop appropriate audit work programmes that ensure testing achieves the objective.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work collaboratively, with experience of influencing and building relationship at a senior level.
- A self-starter, who is energetic, motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Experience of working in an FCA regulated environment is desirable
- Project management experience.
- Experience of working with an Internal Audit co-source provider.
- Experience of using Microsoft Visio.
- Knowledge / experience of using data analytics.
Salary on offer for the successful Internal Audit Manager will be circa £50k + benefits and is all dependant on experience.
If you would like to apply for this position or would like more information about this fantastic business, get in touch with Nick Singh on 07973 757974 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Time||Full Time|