Newly created Management Accountant position
My client is going through a period of growth and are looking for an experienced Management Accountant to join them at the head office based in Walsall.
This role would suit an experienced Management Accountant with a few years experience within the construction sector, who enjoys a busy, varied and demanding role in a small effective team.
The Management Accountants role will include:
- Assisting the Finance Director to perform all financial functions of the company.
- To oversee & assist where required the Accounts Assistant in the day to day posting of Cash Book, Purchase Ledger & Sales Receipts.
- Prepare accurate & timely financial information including detailed quarterly accounts in a statutory format for inclusion in Board Packs.
- Monitor monthly results & reports including comparison against budget & prior months.
- Providing meaningful financial analysis enabling decision makers to take timely and informed business decisions.
- Manage, control & reconcile balance sheet accounts, particularly the inter-company recharges and ensuring the correct treatment of vat.
- Ensure that creditor payments have been processed regularly, (the majority by BACS) and that invoices have been signed off in the correct manner & in accordance with the appropriate rules.
- Ensure reconciliation of cash collections from sales is done in a timely manner, liaising with conveyancing solicitors to ensure cash receipts are reconciled to completion statements.
- The preparation & timely submission of all corporate tax returns including VAT & corporate tax Skills.
The successful Management Accountant will have the following Qualifications and Experience:
- ACA, ACCA or ACMA qualified.
- Experience of working in a finance team within the construction sector.
- High level of analytical and numerical skills, with good communication skills at all levels.
- Experience of analysing information, dealing with complex issues, data entry, accounting & attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills particularly the use & formulation of complex Excel spreadsheets/pivot tables & Microsoft Office skills to collate various types of management reports.
My client has a reputation for attracting and retaining some of the best talent in the industry. They achieve this with a combination of excellent salary packages and an extensive training and development programme. Typical Packages include : Basic Salaries: c£40K – £45K depending on experience, 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays Extensive training career development Fast-track promotion for the right people. If your application is successful you will be contact within 48 hours. For more information on this and other construction related Accounts Roles please contact Nick Singh
|Job Time||Full Time|