Payroll Assistant required for an engineering business based in Wolverhampton on a full time permanent basis. Reporting into the Finance Manager you will be responsible for preparing and processing the monthly payroll, as well as a variety of accounting tasks including purchase ledger, nominal ledger and acting as backup for other staff in the Finance Team.
- Inputting payroll data including new starter information, calculating leavers final pay, overtime payments and shift allowances.
- Checking the payroll and resolving any queries
- Updating Excel records of overtime and reporting on a weekly basis
- Processing sub-contractor approvals for payment on weekly basis and dealing with queries.
- Maintaining subcontractor schedules
- Raising and distributing sales invoices, inputting into the debtors ledger and following up aged invoices
- Analysing monthly costs against budget information and various schedules (accruals and prepayments)
- Maintaining the business fixed asset register
- Collecting and processing all weekly timesheets
- Prepare quarterly VAT report
- Managing the company credit card reports and expenses
- Month end journals as required
- Other ad-hoc tasks as and when required
The ideal candidate will be experienced in end to end payroll, with a good eye for detail and advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and VLOOKUPs in order to deal with large volumes of data, and simplify and improve processes. You must also be experienced in processing and maintaining entries in accounts payable/receivable with high interpersonal skills to be able to communicate with all business stakeholders.
|Job Time||Full Time|
|Job Level||Part Qualified|