Plant Financial Controller – FMCG
An excellent opportunity has arisen to support a multinational manufacturing group within the FMCG space, to support one of their manufacturing sites in a hands-on number two position working directly alongside the General Manager. The business is a household name and has multiple well-known brands under its banner, also supplying key players in the retail industry at source level.
As the Plant Controller, you will be primarily responsible for:
- Production of monthly financials and communication of financial information to the General Manager and group finance
- Overseeing a small but effective finance team who will support from a transactional finance nature
- Developing new financial models to provide more meaningful information that can be pumped back into the business to support its continued commercial growth
- Extremely hands-on business partnering with the shop floor and Operations Manager
- Regular cost analysis and review, supporting change across production processes
- Delivering financial presentations to group finance
- Taking the lead for the plant’s annual budget and delivering cash flow forecasting and regular reforecasting
- Regular capex investment appraisal for new spend, including payback analysis
- Recruitment of any further heads into the site’s growing team
- Acting as an ambassador for the plant at group level
- Responding to any audit queries relevant to your plant during financial year end
- Delivery of financial accounting information and balance sheet movement analysis
This is a really hands-on role that will be suited to anyone from an operational background, rather than a group commercial function. You must be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACMA or ACCA) who is equally at home on the shop floor as well as the confines of your office.
Personality is key: we’re looking for confident business partners who can challenge and influence at all levels, including the General Manager and Group CFO. You’ll also need to be able to have difficult conversations with the production team when necessary. Someone to invest in the small finance team is critical, also.
|Job Time||Full Time|