Interim PMO Manager
An experienced Interim PMO Manager required for an immediate start by a market leading financial services organisation which is currently going through a huge change programme. The position will require travel between London, Hitchin, Telford.
The PMO Manager will be part of the Strategic Finance Change leadership team. The PMO Managers role will be to administer change programmes and monitor change initiatives so that cost, quality, plan, time, and benefits realisation are controlled and achieved. You will ensure that all projects adhere to best practice and standard approaches for delivery management. The PMO Manager will report to the Head of Strategic Finance Change, and will work closely alongside the Programme Management Lead to ensure that the entire portfolio of strategic finance change initiatives is administered to consistent, high-quality standards.
The PMO Manager will develop and implement best practices to enable the successful delivery of a broad range of Finance change initiatives. The PMO Managers main responsibilities will incldue: stakeholder management; programme, tranche and project planning, including milestone management; risk and issue management; and vendor management. Integral to delivering these responsibilities will be financial management; maintaining RAID logs; resource forecasting; change control; dependency management; and programme reporting.
Interim PMO Managers key duties will include:
- Ensures the successful implementation of the PMO’s strategy, responsibilities, services and deliverables.
- Monitors Programme reporting and assists the Head of Finance Change in reporting to Senior Management.
- Establishes frameworks and standards for Programme and Project Management.
- Manages and compiles Programme related financial and KPI information.
- Oversees project costs and ensures finances are well managed.
- Prepares and presents cost-benefit analyses to support business case development and the implementation of projects.
- Provides and maintains a capacity planning and resource tracking service across the Programme.
- Updates and maintains the Risk Log, Action Log, Decisions Log, and Issue Register
- Ensures the appropriate programme benefits are identified, quantified and their realisation planned.
- Tracks financial reporting whilst ensuring that the programme and projects adhere to the corporate financial processes.
- Ensures cross-programme dependencies are managed and the dependency log is accurately maintained.
- Provides a quality assurance role in line with defined Programme Management Office process.
- Coordinates project closure to distil good practice, and ensures lessons learned are logged.
- Line manages PMO staff.
- Builds cohesion within the PMO team and motivates them to produce quality work.
- Defines and embeds project control and governance.
- Provides project planning, milestone management, scope management, resource forecasting, financial management and change management across the Finance Change portfolio.
- Prepares regular status reporting to all levels of the business.
- Ensures efficient change control methods and process are utilised.
Interim PMO Manager must be and have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to ‘A Level’ standard or equivalent.
- Prince 2 Practitioner, APM or equivalent accredited qualification or studying towards the qualification.
- 3+ years of PMO experience (solid understanding of project management principles preferred), including experience of managing a PMO office.
- 5+ years of Financial Services experience, ideally within Change Management.
- Line management or team leader experience.
- Experience of project management methodologies such as AGILE or PRINCE2.
- Experience of programme and project level financial management.
- Experience of defining and delivering benefits realisation for projects and programme.
- Knowledge of benefits and dependency mapping, risk management and resource planning.
- Thorough knowledge of efficient change management methods
If you are an experienced Interim PMO Manager and looking for your next project, get in touch with Nick Singh for a confidential chat on 07837 762322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Time||Full Time|
|Job Level||Clerical & Transactional|
|Level||Clerical & Transactional|