Purchase and Sales Ledger Supervisor
Alexander Daniels are working with one of the largest services provider across the Shropshire and Staffordshire area. With ambitious plans to further its reach The Group’s finance team based in Stafford are recruiting for a Ledger Supervisor to be responsible for the accuracy and operation of the Group’s Purchase and Sales Ledger. Understanding the importance of its responsibility to its people and customers this is an extremely rewarding opportunity for someone who wants to make a difference.
To be responsible for the day to day management of the Accounts payable and Sales ledgers of all group companies, ensuring that transactions are carried out accurately and ledgers are maintained in an effective up to date manner
- To be responsible for the management and development of all staff members reporting to the post.
- Ensure proactive, regular and relevant communication on own area of work including sharing knowledge and learning with colleagues/partners and other stakeholders; providing support and assistance to all Finance staff and colleagues across the group
- To be responsible for the posting of Sales Ledger to ensure transactions are posted within the current financial period.
- To be responsible for managing the Aged debtors and credit control responsibilities including sending account statements and debtor reminders to individual customers.
- To be responsible for the month/ year end closure of the Purchase and Sales ledger ensuring that all transactions are processed at month / year end in line with the financial calendar.
- To be aware of VAT rates and its implications to the business
- To administer the procedure to record expenditure on group purchase cards on a monthly basis, including reconciliation of the statement, preparing any intercompany charges arising and investigating any transactions which appear unexpected or present additional costs.
- Systems and process review
- To extract relevant information from computer records and manual files on an adhoc basis to produce any requested reports required by colleagues, audit etc.
You must be focussed, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic. Striving to continuously improve quality of service provided. Able to build and develop effective working relationships with others to meet shared goals, using negotiation and influencing skills in order to achieve successful outcomes.
Call Aqib at alexander Daniels for more information, Aternativly hit ‘apply’ and I will call you.
|Job Time||Full Time|
|Job Level||Clerical & Transactional|
|Level||Clerical & Transactional|