Purchase Ledger Clerk
Alexander Daniels are working in partnership with a construction business in Leamington who are seeking a stand alone Purchase Ledger Clerk to sit within their small finance team.
The role is to ensure the purchase ledger is maintained to reflect an accurate position of the company liability along with the maintenance of the subcontractor ledger and that it is processed in accordance to legal and tax requirements.
This business have returned to their office full time.
- Finance team
- Office-based company staff
- Project managers, site-based managers, and engineers
- Suppliers and subcontractors of services and goods
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Process invoices onto system in a timely manner
- Process subcontractors payment certificates in a timely manner
- Code invoices per budget holders or per purchase order
- Barcode and scan invoices in line with agreed process with Finance Manager
- Complete supplier statement reconciliations (min top 20 suppliers each month) ensuring any missing invoices/credit notes or discrepancies are resolved.
- Liaise with suppliers (email/telephone/face to face) regarding query invoices
- Ensure all invoices are approved in accordance with budget holder / project manager approval process.
- Run draft suggested payment report for Accounts Manager review and approval.
- Setup new suppliers / subcontractors according to agreed process and documentation
- Continually looking to encourage suppliers to invoice electronically
- Any reasonable ad-hoc request from management.
|Job Time||Full Time|
|Job Level||Part Qualified|