12 month fixed term contract, with possible perm conversion. Senior Accountant role, up to £65,000 basic salary, plus:
- Bonus scheme (15-30%)
- Excellent pension (14% contributions)
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 2-3 days/week working from home
Senior Accountant required for a leading business based in Redditch on a fixed term contract basis, initially for 12 months but with a likely permanent conversion available for those interested in a longer term solution.
As the Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for managing a team of 10+ accountants (a mixture of part-qualified and qualified), overseeing their output. Your responsibilities will include:
- Management of a team of accountants and analysts
- Ensuring financial reporting output is accurate and timely
- Maintaining up to date reporting controls and ensuring best financial practice throughout the team
- Actively seeking opportunities to drive change and add continuous improvement
- Influencing and challenging across the business to non-finance staff, and communicating financial information to other teams
- Identifying opportunities to add more business intelligence / management information value to the finance team
- Responsibility to sign off work by more junior accountants within your team
- Acting as the point of contact for discrepancies or queries
- Providing technical leadership to the finance team
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or ACMA), though QBE candidates with strong technical reporting experience and a history of team management are also invited to apply.
You will need experience working in large organisations, and to be a proven business partner – able to manage difficult stakeholders at all levels (both finance and non-finance). You’ll also need to be a proactive accountant, able to identify gaps for improvement and drive change throughout your team.
|Job Time||Full Time|
|Type||Fixed Term Contract|