Snr Purchase Ledger Clerk
Alexander Daniels are working in partnership with a lovely business located in the centre of Coventry who have an additional requirement for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk. This is a brand new position to bridge the gap between the current AP clerk and their Transactional Manager.
Responsibilties shall include ;
- Accept invoices from AP inbox
- Register invoices on ledger matching accurately to purchase order.
- Processing multi-currency invoices on correct ledger
- Maintaining Queried invoices in workflow, chasing resolutions.
- Posting Direct Debits and allocating correctly
- Own the credit card process from end to end ensuring timely receipt of information and maintaining and processing all transactions. Reconciling supplier credit accounts
- Own Expenses process via web-expenses, process within company policy, adhering to HMRC VAT rules and regulations. Ensuring robust web-expenses reporting to enable education of the business around expenses issues
- Statement reconciliations
- Debit Balance Reconciliations, correcting discrepancies, chasing any overpayments.
- ERP master Data control ensuring no duplicate accounts, maintain good data and controls around data for AP for UK and overseas offices.
- Payment run process, keeping payment terms and liaising with line management.
- Working within the finance team, good team player, able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication and organisation Skills
- Ability to build strong relationship with Suppliers and internal customers
- Supporting the AP Manager on ad-hoc duties and taking control of the team when the AP Manager is on holiday therefore some supervisory skills necessary.
- Supporting the AP Manager on any ad-hoc business training that is required throughout the year.
Accounts Payable Skills and Qualifications:
Proven track record of experience in Accounts Payable with a minimum of three ideally five, Good knowledge of best practices principles, policies and procedures and controls. Good analytic skills along with excellent query management. Acute attention to detail, spotting errors, reporting findings and resolutions. Working to tight deadlines, processing daily, weekly and monthly tasks in a timely manner. Able to liaise with internal and external clients both on written and verbal tasks. Precise and efficient processing is necessary as some tasks are tight deadlines.
|Job Time||Full Time|
|Job Level||Part Qualified|