Tax Accountant- Coventry
Alexander Daniels are working with a company based in Coventry who are recruiting for a Tax Accountant. The role reports to the Consolidation and Reporting Accountant and is responsible for the tax compliance on all tax related activities including VAT, Corporation Tax, PAYE and NIC.
The duties will include:
- Preparing and submitting both the UK group VAT return and all foreign VAT/Tax returns (currently France & Germany);
- Acting as the main contact for HMRC, and other relevant tax authorities and tax advisors, dealing with all correspondence;
- Monitoring changes to tax laws and regulations, including new filing practices, deadlines, which will have an impact on the business, communicating those changes to the business and proposing an action plan to achieve compliance. Following through by implementing the agreed actions to required deadlines;
- Dealing with business and customer tax queries, responding at an appropriate level to ensure the answer can be understood;
- Working with other departments, including sales and marketing, to understand business practices and new projects, and highlighting the tax implications of all business practices to senior company managers;
- Collating information for tax advisors to prepare the Corporation Tax calculations.
- Preparing tax accruals for company records and accounts, ensuring monthly accounts are accurate for all tax related items and that all deadlines are met.
- Working closely with the management accounts team with monthly reporting for actuals and forecast purposes.
- Providing cover for overseeing the Group payroll, which is out-sourced to a payroll bureau, ensure the completeness and accuracy of the payroll.
- Responsibility for continued compliance with all payroll tax and regulations across all jurisdictions
- Support on integration of new acquisitions and set up of new shows
- Support on overseas and group audit, collaborating with group auditors to ensure efficient year end audit and compliance with all relevant accounting standards and regulations.
- Supporting the rest of the Financial Accounts team to ensure the team meets all its deadlines and satisfies ad-hoc requests for information.
- Prior knowledge of the basics of VAT is essential although training will be given on areas specific to the industry and foreign VAT.
- Previous knowledge of Payroll and/or Corporation Tax would be an advantage.
- An understanding of how all areas of the Finance Department work and interact.
- Needs to work with a high degree of accuracy whilst still being deadline focused.
- A clear understanding of processes with the ability to suggest updates and improvements.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to summarise complex technical requirements and relate it specifically to the business. Also, the ability to communicate at an appropriate level so that non-Finance staff and customers can understand.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Excel to an intermediate level. Previous experience of Sage would be an advantage.
- Flexibility – This is a fast-paced environment where the workload fluctuates through the year so the person must be able to vary their approach to ensure that they achieve the required results. Additional hours and travel to the London office may be required.
- Prioritisation – The role involves meeting a number of statutory deadlines so it is essential that the person can appropriately prioritise work and keep their manager informed of any potential issues so that there is time to take corrective action.
- Solution-orientated with a proactive “can do” attitude, working with a sense of pace and urgency, when required. Also, a willingness to delve into the detail to ensure that the source of any issues is identified and tackled rather than just dealing with the symptoms.
- Team Player – Although the person will have clearly assigned responsibilities it is important that they view themselves as part of the Financial Accounts team and the wider Finance team to both give and accept help when required.
- Compliance – Conforms to company policies and procedures and ensures that others do the same.
Qualifications & Experience
- Part qualified with one of the 3 main accountancy bodies and looking to complete studies.
- Previous experience of working in a medium-large company.
- A proven track record of working to external deadlines.
|Job Time||Full Time|
|Job Level||Clerical & Transactional|
|Level||Clerical & Transactional|