Alexander Daniels are working with a business located in Coventry, the role reports to the Transactional Services Manager and shall work alongside a strong Treasury team. The role will cover all aspects of bank reconciliations, management of the bank relationship, and cash management.
The duties will include:
- Preparing of bank reconciliations for a number of group companies. This covers multiple currencies for accounts both in the UK and overseas;
- Ensuring that reconciling items are dealt with promptly and that the underlying causes are addressed to avoid recurrence;
- Acting as the main contact with the banks and credit card acquirers: setting up new accounts; dealing with all correspondence; maintaining bank mandates, direct debits, user access to the bank software, etc;
- Maintaining a record of all current direct debits, with supporting documentation, and reviewing regularly to ensure they are still required;
- Monitoring changes to any bank requirements and regulations around cash and credit card handling and highlighting to Manager with a proposed course of action, if necessary;
- Working with the rest of the Finance team, to understand business practices and new projects, then highlighting any cash implications to managers;
- Preparing monthly cashflow analysis by currency plus having input into cashflow forecasting;
- Maintaining approvers for both expenses and purchase orders;
- Support on overseas and group audit, collaborating with group auditors to ensure efficient year end audit and compliance with all relevant accounting standards and regulations.
- Supporting the rest of the team to ensure all deadlines and requests for ad-hoc information are met.
- Prior experience of medium-high volume bank reconciliations is essential although training will be given on the specifics of the companies processes and procedures;
- A basic understanding of how all areas of the Finance Department work and interact is important because this role is central to the efficient working of the whole team.
- Needs to work with a high degree of accuracy whilst still being deadline focused.
- A clear understanding of processes with the ability to suggest updates and improvements;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to understand issues and communicate the required corrections to the rest Finance team at an appropriate level;
|Job Time||Full Time|
|Job Level||Clerical & Transactional|
|Level||Clerical & Transactional|