Treasury & Banking Officer
We are actively recruiting a Treasury & Banking role for a large business in Leamington. Due to slight change in structure, this role has been created to sit within the transactional finance division.
The duties will include:
- Preparing of bank reconciliations for all group companies.
- Ensuring that reconciling items are dealt with promptly and that the underlying causes are addressed to avoid recurrence.
- Acting as a contact with the banks servicing matters
- Documentation processing and responsible for processing financial transactions, including inter-company cash transactions.
- Running and managing various reports for the treasury operations.
- Create/prepare bank transfers/payments using Online Banking Platforms.
- Export/upload bank statement files.
- Working with the rest of the Finance team, to understand business practices and new projects, then highlighting any cash implications to managers.
- Create bank balance reports.
- Maintain company procedures.
- Support on group audit and collaborating with group auditors to ensure efficient year end audit and compliance with all relevant accounting standards and regulations.
- Supporting the rest of the team to ensure all deadlines and requests for ad-hoc information are met.
- High level of accuracy
- Good communication skills, with the ability to understand issues and communicate the required corrections to the rest of the Finance team at an appropriate level.
- Good IT skills, in particular Excel to an intermediate level.
- Good analytical skills
- Flexibility – This is a fast-paced environment where the workload fluctuates through the year so the person must be able to vary their approach to ensure that they achieve the required results. Additional hours and travel to the London office may be required.
- Prioritisation – able to prioritise work and keep their manager informed of any potential issues so that there is time to take corrective action.
- Solution-orientated with a proactive “can do” attitude, working with a sense of pace and urgency, when required. Also, a willingness to delve into the detail to ensure that the source of any issues is identified and tackled rather than just dealing with the symptoms.
- Team Player – Although the person will have clearly assigned responsibilities it is important that they view themselves as part of the Treasury team and the wider Finance team to both give and accept help when required.
- Basic Accounting double entry
- Process focused
Qualifications & Experience
- Basic accountancy or book-keeping (specifically double entry systems)
- Previous experience of working within a Treasury function is essential.
- A proven track record of working to strict monthly deadlines.
- Multi-currency experience.
- Bank reconciliation experience of multiple accounts both manually if needed and utilising system reconciliation tools.
- A clear understanding of processes with the ability to suggest improvements.
|Job Time||Full Time|
|Job Level||Part Qualified|